Rahm E, Thor A "Citation analysis of database publications " SIGMOD RECORD 34 (4): 48-53 DEC 2005

Wed Jun 28 16:38:55 EDT 2006

E-mail Addresses:
E. Rahm : rahm at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
A. Thor : thor at informatik.uni-leipzig.de

Title: Citation analysis of database publications

Author(s): Rahm E, Thor A

Source: SIGMOD RECORD 34 (4): 48-53 DEC 2005

Document Type: Article
Language: English
Cited References: 5      Times Cited: 0

Abstract:
We analyze citation frequencies for two main database conferences (SIGMOD,
VLDB) and three database journals (TODS, VLDB Journal, Sigmod Record) over
10 years, The citation data is obtai ned by integrating and cleaning data
from DBLP and Google Scholar. Our analysis considers different comparative
metrics per publication venue, in particular the total and average number
of citations as well as the impact factor which has so fat only been
considered for journals. We also determine the most cited papers, authors,
author institutions and their countries.

Addresses: Rahm E (reprint author), Univ Leipzig, Leipzig, D-7010 Germany
Univ Leipzig, Leipzig, D-7010 Germany

E-mail Addresses: rahm at informatik.uni-leipzig.de,
thor at informatik.uni-leipzig.de

Publisher: ASSOC COMPUTING MACHINERY, 1515 BROADWAY, NEW YORK, NY 10036 USA