Names' transcription for prominent scientometrists

Vladimir Pislyakov pislyakov at HSE.RU
Mon Dec 18 08:43:44 EST 2006

Dear colleagues,

Currently I read proofs of my paper on bibliometric indicators which is to
appear in Russian journal. The policy of this publication demands writing
of the foreign names in Russian, while I have never heard most of them
orally, just read their articles.

Please, could those of you who have certainly heard the names at
conferences, during personal communication etc. let me know how they are
pronounced so that I could correctly transcribe them in Russian. The names
are:

- Glänzel
- Moed
- Schoepflin

Thank you in advance.

Vladimir

Vladimir Pislyakov
Assistant Director for Electronic Resources Management
Higher School of Economics Library
20 Myasnitskaya street
Moscow, 101000
Russia