Loet Leydesdorff loet at LEYDESDORFF.NET
Tue Apr 11 05:59:26 EDT 2006

Dear David,

Why don't you make the division? We once did it for the major Dutch
universities -- unfortunately the paper is in Dutch at
http://www.leydesdorff.net/uva -- and to our surprise the Free University
came on top for the social sciences and the humanities.

I suppose that input figures (fte) are easily available for the UK, at
different levels. Output data can easily be gathered at the Web-of-Science
using postal codes. If the results are different from the RAE, it is worth
publishing.

With best wishes,

Loet

Loet Leydesdorff
Amsterdam School of Communications Research (ASCoR),
Kloveniersburgwal 48, 1012 CX Amsterdam.
Tel.: +31-20- 525 6598; fax: +31-20- 525 3681;
loet at leydesdorff.net ; http://www.leydesdorff.net/