Nascimento MA, Sander J, Pound J "Analysis of SIGMOD's co-authorship graph" 32 (3): 8-10 SEP 2003

Thu Mar 24 13:54:23 EST 2005

Mario A. Nascimento : mn at cs.ualberta.ca
Jorg Sander         : joerg at cs.ualberta.ca
Jeffrey Pound       : pound at cs.ualberta.ca

HistCite Files on "Small World" are available at :
http://garfield.library.upenn.edu/histcomp/index-small-world.html

Papers on Algorithmic Historiography (HistCite) are available at :
http://garfield.library.upenn.edu/algorithmichistoriographyhistcite.html

Title: Analysis of SIGMOD's (Special Interest Group on Management of Data)
       co-authorship graph

Author(s): Nascimento MA, Sander J, Pound J

Source: SIGMOD RECORD 32 (3): 8-10 SEP 2003

Abstract:
In this paper we investigate the co-authorship graph obtained from all
papers published at SIGMOD between 1975 and 2002. We find some interesting
facts, for instance, the identity of the authors who, on average, are
"closest" to all other authors at a given time. We also show that SIGMOD's
co-authorship graph is yet another example of a small world-a graph topology
which has received a lot of attention recently. A companion web site for
this paper can be found at http://db.cs.ualberta.ca/coauthorship.

Addresses: Nascimento MA (reprint author), Univ Alberta, Dept Comp Sci,
Edmonton, AB T6G 2M7 Canada
Univ Alberta, Dept Comp Sci, Edmonton, AB T6G 2M7 Canada

Publisher: ASSOC COMPUTING MACHINERY, 1515 BROADWAY, NEW YORK, NY 10036 USA

IDS Number: 732MD
ISSN: 0163-5808

Cited References:
Cited Author Cited Work Year Volume Page

SMEATON AF SIGIR FORUM 2002 36 39
WATTS D         SMALL WORLDS
                 DYNAMIC 1999