Boutin F, Hascoet M "Multi-level exploration of citation graphs" RESEARCH AND ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY FOR DIGITAL LIBRARIES LECTURE NOTES IN COMPUTER SCIENCE 3232: 366-377 2004

Thu Mar 10 16:50:03 EST 2005

E-Mail : Francois Boutin : Francois.boutin at univ-montpl.fr
         Mountaz Hascoet : mountaz at lirmm.fr

Title: Multi-level exploration of citation graphs

Author(s): Boutin F, Hascoet M

Source: RESEARCH AND ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY FOR DIGITAL LIBRARIES LECTURE NOTES
IN COMPUTER SCIENCE 3232: 366-377 2004

Cited References: 17

Abstract:
In previous work, we proposed a focus-based multi-level clustering
technique. It consists in computing a particular clustered graph from a
given graph and a focus. The resulting clustered graph is called multi-level
outline tree. It is a tree whose meta-nodes are sub-sets of nodes. A
meta-node is itself hierarchically clustered depending on its connectivity.
In this paper we introduce a cluster cohesiveness measure to enhance the
results of the previously proposed algorithm. We further propose an
optimization of this algorithm to support fluid interaction when focus
changes. Finally, we report the results of a case study that consists in
applying the enhanced algorithm to citation graphs where documents are
considered as vertices and citation links as edges.

Addresses: Boutin F (reprint author), Univ Montpellier 3, CNRS, UMR 5506,
LIRMM, Montpellier, F-34000 France
Univ Montpellier 3, CNRS, UMR 5506, LIRMM, Montpellier, F-34000 France

E-mail Addresses: francois.boutin at univ-montpl.fr, mountaz at lirmm.fr

Publisher: SPRINGER-VERLAG BERLIN, HEIDELBERGER PLATZ 3, D-14197 BERLIN, GERMANY
IDS Number: BAX48
ISSN: 0302-9743

CITED REFERENCES :
AN Y, IICS 2002, P97
   BOUTIN F, AVI 2004
   BOUTIN F, P C INF VIS 4 2004
   BOUTIN F, P C INF VIS IV 2003, P53
   BRANDES U, 2002, P 4 JOINT EUR IEEE T, P159
   BROCKENAUER R, 2001, LNCS, V2025, P194
   CHEN CM, 1999, INFORM PROCESS MANAG, V35, P401
   EADES P, 1996, P GRAPH DRAW 96 BERK
   HAN EH, 2000, P 4 EUR C PRINC PRAC
   HASCOET M, 2001, INTERACTION VISUALIZ, P413
   KOHONEN T, 1997, SELF ORG MAPS
   LAWRENCE S, RESERACHINDEX
   PLAISANT C, 2002, DESIGN EVOLUTION EMP, P57
   ROXBOROUGH T, 1998, LECT NOTES COMPUTER, V1353, P291
   STEINBACH M, 2000, P TEXTMINING WORKSH
   WANG YT, LECT NOTES COMPUTER, V2118, P225
   WEISS R, 1996, P 7 ACM C HYP