Jacso P. "Citation-enhanced indexing/abstracting databases" Online Information Review 28(3):235-238 2004.

Thu Apr 14 14:25:15 EDT 2005

Peter Jacso : jacso at hawaii.edu

Title: Citation-enhanced indexing/abstracting databases

Author(s): Jacso P

Source: ONLINE INFORMATION REVIEW 28 (3): 235-238 2004

Cited References: 5      Times Cited: 1

Abstract:
Provides an introductory look at what savvy users should know about the
implications of having information about cited references in I/A records.
Looks at the more sophisticated, link-enabled cited references and the novel
citation scores in full-text collections, then discusses the alternatives
for searching efficiently by elements of cited references: cited author,
cited title, cited source and cited year in I/A databases and full-text
archives.

Addresses: Jacso P (reprint author), Univ Hawaii, Manoa, HI USA
Univ Hawaii, Manoa, HI USA

Publisher: EMERALD GROUP PUBLISHING LIMITED, 60/62 TOLLER LANE, BRADFORD BD8
9BY, W YORKSHIRE, ENGLAND

IDS Number: 838LA
ISSN: 1468-4527
Cited References:
   GARFIELD E, 1955, SCIENCE, V122, P108
www.garfield.library.upenn.edu/papers/science_v122(3159)p108y1955.html

   JACSO P, 2004, INFORMATION TODAY, V21, P17
http://hypatia.slis.hawaii.edu/~jacso/extra/infotoday/cj-03/psy/psy.htm

   JACSO P, 2004, INFORMATION TODAY, V21, P19
   JACSO P, 2004, INFORMATION TODAY, V21, P54

   TENOPIR C, 2003, LIBR J, V126, P39
www.libraryjournal.com/article/CA178212