"A new technique for building maps of large scientific domains based on the cocitation of classes and categories" SCIENTOMETRICS 61 (1): 129-145 2004

Mon Sep 27 13:56:52 EDT 2004

E-mail:   felix at ugr.es

Title: A new technique for building maps of large scientific domains based
on the cocitation of classes and categories

Author(s): Moya-Anegon F, Vargas-Quesada B, Herrero-Solana V,
Chinchilla-Rodriguez Z, Corera-Alvarez E, Munoz-Fernandez FJ

Source: SCIENTOMETRICS 61 (1): 129-145 2004

Document Type: Article    Language: English
Cited References: 61      Times Cited: 0

Abstract:
Our objective is the generation of schematic visualizations as interfaces
for scientific domain analysis. We propose a new technique that uses
thematic classification (classes and categories) as entities of cocitation
and units of measure, and demonstrate the viability of this methodology
through the representation and analysis of a domain of great dimensions. The
main features of the maps obtained are discussed, and proposals are made for
future improvements and applications.

Addresses:
Moya-Anegon F (reprint author), Univ Granada, Fac Lib & Informat Sci, Campus
Cartuja, Granada, E-18071 Spain
Univ Granada, Fac Lib & Informat Sci, Granada, E-18071 Spain

E-mail Addresses: felix at ugr.es

Publisher:
KLUWER ACADEMIC PUBL, VAN GODEWIJCKSTRAAT 30, 3311 GZ DORDRECHT, NETHERLANDS

IDS Number: 844RQ
ISSN: 0138-9130