Cronin, B; La Barre, K "Mickey Mouse and Milton: book publishing in the humanities (Article, English)" LEARNED PUBLISHING 17 (2). APR 2004. p.85-98 ASSOC LEARNED PROFESSIONAL SOC. PUBL. W.SUSSEX

Wed Jun 2 15:52:47 EDT 2004

BLAISE CRONIN : bcronin at indiana.edu

TITLE:          Mickey Mouse and Milton: book publishing in the
                humanities (Article, English)
AUTHOR:         Cronin, B; La Barre, K
SOURCE:         LEARNED PUBLISHING 17 (2). APR 2004. p.85-98 ASSOC
                LEARNED PROFESSIONAL SOC PUBL, W SUSSEX

SEARCH TERM(S):  CRONIN B  rauth

ABSTRACT:       We report the results of a survey of tenure and promotion
criteria in university departments of literature and language in the US.
It is clear that the publication of a scholarly monograph remains a
conditio sine qua non for the awarding of tenure. We analyze the language
of institutional guidelines and standards: these range from the highly
concrete to the intentionally vague.

AUTHOR ADDRESS: B Cronin, Indiana Univ, Bloomington, IN 47405 USA