Bjorneborn L and Ingwersen P. "Toward a basic framework for webometrics " JASIST 55(14): 1216-1227 December 2004

Wed Dec 22 15:40:26 EST 2004

L. Bjorneborn : lb at db.dk

TITLE: Toward a basic framework for webometrics (Article,English)

AUTHOR: Bjorneborn, L; Ingwersen, P

SOURCE: JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR INFORMATION SCIENCE
AND TECHNOLOGY 55 (14). DEC 2004. p.1216-1227 JOHN WILEY & SONS INC, HOBOKEN

ABSTRACT:
In this article, we define webometrics within the framework of informetric
studies and bibliometrics, as belonging to library and information science,
and as associated with cybermetrics as a generic subfield. We develop a
consistent and detailed link typology and terminology and make explicit the
distinction among different Web node levels when using the proposed
conceptual framework. As a consequence, we propose a novel diagram notation
to fully appreciate and investigate link structures between Web nodes in
webometric analyses. We warn against taking the analogy between citation
analyses and link analyses too far.

AUTHOR ADDRESS: L Bjorneborn, Royal Sch Lib & Informat Sci, Dept Informat
Studies, DK-2300 Copenhagen S, Denmark