Bissey D; Viossat V; "A chemical concept from the Science Citation Index database" New Journal of Chemistry 27(7):1023-1025, 2003

Tue Sep 30 16:26:19 EDT 2003

Dominique Bissey : bissey at ccr.jussieu.fr
Vincente Viossat : viv at ccr.jussieu.fr

FULL TEXT AVAILABLE AT :
http://www.rsc.org/CFmuscat/intermediate_abstract.cfm?FURL=/ej/NJ/2003/b2126
62c.PDF

EXCERPT FROM PAPER :
"We have tried to find a behaviour law for the "modeling in combustion"
concept from 1980-2000.  Although this idea can be dated back to 1967, its
development has been really significant since 1980.  Our "bibliometric"
research is based on bibliographical data, which is taken from the
multidisciplinary Science Citation Index database, each record containing
full bibliographic details: title in English, abstract, journal name, author
and his affiliation, and in particular a complete list of the references
cited by each indexed publication.  The searches were carried out with
keywords in the title, using "combustion and model*ing" corresponding to
"combustion and modeling" or "combustion and modelling"; we thus obtained
338 publications including 312 articles."

TITLE    A chemical concept from the Science Citation Index database
AUTHORS  Bissey D, Viossat V
JOURNAL  NEW JOURNAL OF CHEMISTRY  27 (7): 1023-1025 2003

 Document type: Article   Language: English
 Cited References: 15     Times Cited: 0

Abstract:
We study the concept "modeling in combustion'' from 1980 to 2000 with data
from the "Science Citation Index''. A statistical study of this concept
shows (i) the growth of the number of publications and their authors and
(ii) the distribution laws concerning the cited references.

KeyWords Plus:
IDEAS

Addresses:
Bissey D, Univ Paris 06, Lab Syst Interfaciaux Echelle Nanomet, 4 Pl
Jussieu, F-75252 Paris, France
Univ Paris 06, Lab Syst Interfaciaux Echelle Nanomet, F-75252 Paris, France

Publisher:
ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY, THOMAS GRAHAM HOUSE, SCIENCE PARK, MILTON RD, CAMBRIDGE
CB4 0WF, CAMBS, ENGLAND

IDS Number:
696FM

ISSN:
1144-0546

 Cited Author            Cited Work                Volume      Page   Year

 BENTLEY RA            FRACTALS                       8       227      2000
 BOXENBAUM H           J PHARMACOKINETICS B          10       335      1982
 BURGER M              OSCILLATIONS TRAVELI                   563      1985
 DUCHENE P             CHEM ENG SCI                  51      4661      1996
 GOFFMAN W             NATURE                       204       225      1964
 HAMILTON CW           11 S INT COMB COMB I                   579      1967
 JENKINS DR            11 S INT COMB                          779      1967
 KEE RJ                SAND808003 SAND NAT                             1980
 KEE RJ                SAND898009B SAND NAT                            1989
 LAM SH                22 S INT COMB COMB I                   931      1988
 MAAS U                COMBUST FLAME                 88       239      1992
 MANDELBROT B          OBJETS FRACTALS                                 1995
 PETERS N              LECT NOTE PHYS               241        90      1985
 SAPOVAL B             UNIVERSALITES FRACTA                            1997
 TURCOTTE DL           FRACTALS CHAOS GEOLO                            1997

Eugene Garfield, PhD.  email: garfield at codex.cis.upenn.edu
home page: www.eugenegarfield.org
Tel: 215-243-2205 Fax 215-387-1266
President, The Scientist LLC. www.the-scientist.com
Chairman Emeritus, ISI www.isinet.com
Past President, American Society for Information Science and Technology
(ASIS&T)  www.asis.org