Carr JE, Britton LN "Citation trends of applied journals in behavioral psychology: 1981-2000" JOURNAL OF APPLIED BEHAVIOR ANALYSIS 36 (1): 113-117 SPR 2003

Quentin L. Burrell quentinburrell at MANX.NET
Mon Sep 29 17:16:20 EDT 2003

Ronald

Clearly you could "tell these authors" by direct email, but that does not
solve the general problem of papers being submitted, accepted and published
with a lack of "awareness" of what already exists.

Don Kraft wrote a recent piece in JASIST about the referee's role that I go
along with (by and large!) but I would also say that the Editor's choice of
referee is crucial. If the referee is not "aware", then the report will not
be.

What you have raised is directed at a particular paper but is more generally
important.

Quentin

Dr Quentin L Burrell
Isle of Man International Business School
The Nunnery
Old Castletown Road
Douglas IM2 1QB

email q.burrell at ibs.ac.im