Special Rate for Scientometrics subscriptions

Mari Davis M.Davis at UNSW.EDU.AU
Wed Jan 8 21:35:37 EST 2003

International Society for Scientometrics and Informetrics (ISSI)

Dear ISSI Members,
In July 2002, I met Dr F.R. van Berckelaer of Kluwer Academic Publishers at
the CoLIS4 Conference at the University of Washington in Seattle. I asked
him about whether it would be possible for ISSI members to be given a
special subscription rate to the journal, Scientometrics, given that our
members are responsible for writing many of the articles published in the
journal. I am happy to announce that through these discussions, we have
been offered a special annual subscription rate of $US100.00 by Kluwer.
This subscription rate is being made available to all currently financial
member of ISSI who wish to begin subscribing in 2003 (volumes 56-58 or 9
issues). This is a greatly reduced cost to ISSI members given that the
scheduled subscription price for individual subscriptions is EURO670.00 or
USD$728.00.

If you wish to take advantage of this personal subscription for
2003, please send your request stating that you are a current ISSI member
directly to:
Dr F.R. van Berckelaer,
Publishing Editor,
Information Studies
at: fr.vanberckelaer at wkap.nl.
Your membership details will be checked with our ISSI membership database
held by Dr Wolfgang Glänzel.

This is yet another reason to renew your ISSI membership before 31 January
2003; the first one being able to nominate or be nominated, and to vote in
the upcoming ISSI Elections in 2003.

Sincerely
Mari Davis
ISSI President, 2001-2003

John Metcalfe Research Fellow
BIRG, Bibliometric & Informetric Research Group
The University of New South Wales
Quadrangle Level 2
Sydney NSW 2052 Australia
m.davis at unsw.edu.au