White W. "The contribution of Bibliometric methods to a theory of scientific communication" ASIST 2001: PROCEEDINGS OF THE 64TH ASIST ANNUAL MEETING, VOL 38, 2001 PROCEEDINGS OF THE ASIS

Charles H. Davis davisc at INDIANA.EDU
Wed Jul 10 18:29:27 EDT 2002

Dear Quentin:

Ouch... you are one wicked dude!

   :-)

Cordially,

Charles
===========================
Charles H. Davis, Ph.D.
Senior Fellow, SLIS; Informatics
Indiana University at Bloomington
(812) 331-1322  Fax: (812) 855-6166
http://php.indiana.edu/~davisc/

-------------------
> I am not in a position to comment on the quality of William White's
article,
> but I do wonder whether words like "ideation" and "instantiation"
add
> anything to the language, whether English or American.
>
> (Please do not take offence, that was not my intentionality!)
>
> Quentin

  1999
>  BROOKS TA             J AM SOC INFORM SCI           36       223
  1985
>  CALLON M              MAPPING DYNAMICS SCI                     3
  1986
>  CANO V                J AM SOC INFORM SCI           40       284
  1989
>  CARLEY K              SOCIOL METHODOL               23        75
  1993
>  CHUBIN DE             SOC STUD SCI                   5       423
  1975
>  COLLINS AM            COGNITION LEARNING M                   117
  1972
>  COLLINS R             SOCIOLOGY PHILOS GLO
  1998
>  COZZENS SE            SCIENTOMETRICS                15       437
  1989
>  CRONIN B              CITATION PROCESS ROL
  1984
>  DANOWSKI JA           ANN M INT COMM ASS C
  1986
>  DANOWSKI JA           HUMAN COMMUNICATION            6       299
  1980
>  DANOWSKI JA           NETWORK ANAL MESSAGE
  1994
>  DOERFEL ML            HUM COMMUN RES                25       589
  1999
>  EDGE D                HIST SCI                      17       102
  1979
>  GARFIELD E            METRIC SCI ADVENT SC
  1978
>  GILBERT GN            SOC STUD SCI                   7       113
  1977
>  GLANZEL W             INFORM PROCESS MANAG          35        31
  1999
>  LATOUR B              SCI ACTION FOLLOW SC
  1987
>  LEYDESDORFF L         SCIENTOMETRICS                43         5
  1998
>  LORRAIN F             J MATH SOCIOL                  1        49
  1971
>  MALRIEU JP            QUAL QUANT                    28        55
  1994
>  MONGE PR              HDB ORG COMMUNICATIO                   304
  1987
>  MULKAY M              PHILOS SOC SCI                11       163
  1981
>  MULLINS NC            MINERVA                       10        51
  1972
>  POLANYI M             PERSONAL KNOWLEDGE P
  1958
>  RICE RE               49 ANN C INT COMM AS
  1999