Personal Citation Index

Wallace C. Koehler wkoehler at VALDOSTA.EDU
Tue Nov 27 11:50:48 EST 2001

Ronald et al are right. I too have been collecting citations to my own work for
curiosity's sake (as well as promotion and salary -- unimportant stuff). I am
particularly interested in citations that occur on the Web. Citations on the WWW
open new vistas/horizons/whatever for analysis. For example, I have noted that some
of my stuff appears in reading lists, resource lists, syllabi, and such ...
resources "classic" bibliometrics would not be able to find. I suspect inclusion of
one's work in a syllabus may "rank" higher than a citation in an article for (1)
there are many reasons for article citations, but (2) certainly syllabus citation
is done to train the neophyte.

I know that Olle Persson has begin to look at these kinds of things ... with some
very interesting results...perhaps he could weigh in with some of his observations

wally koehler

--
*******
Wallace Koehler