journal citation impact and rejection rate

Rousseau Ronald ronald.rousseau at KH.KHBO.BE
Sun Jan 28 08:00:57 EST 2001

Lowell Hargens' article "Scholarly consensus and journal rejection rates"
published in the American Sociological Review, 1988, vol.53, 139-151 contains
the only list of rejection rates I know of. Obtaining the corresponding impact
factors and calculating the correlation is probably not so difficult to do.

Hargens' article is followed by a comment by Stephen and Jonathan Cole, and
Gary Simon. This in turn is followed by a reply by Lowell Hargens.

Success!

Ronald Rousseau