Impact Factor and ISI

Atkins, Helen helen.atkins at ISINET.COM
Thu Sep 14 11:07:31 EDT 2000

ISI has been producing the JCR since 1975.  The 2000 edition, which will be
distributed next summer, will be its "silver anniversary" edition.  While
the product has developed over the years in terms of being offered in
different formats (print, fiche, CD, Web), its content has not.  Earlier
this year, I was given production responsibility for the JCR, and in that
role, one of my strategic goals is to create a plan for future development
of the product *content*.  I can, of course, make no promises about what
changes may be made, but it is my intention to survey the main groups of
users (bibliometric researchers, publishers, administrators, and librarians)
before making any recommendations.  We will most likely schedule a series of
group discussions next spring.  Until then, please rest assured that I will
continue to follow all the discussions on this list (and ISSI), although I
may not always be able to respond.

Helen Atkins

Helen Barsky Atkins
Director, Database Development