[Sigmet-officers] migrate to an alternative platform outside ASIST?

Philippe Mongeon philippe.mongeon at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 02:21:34 EST 2018

Hi all,

I was just wondering: have we actually been contacted by ASIST about the
migration to the new platform?
I'm asking because for all I know, they have not, and this makes me feel
like this whole "migration to the new platform" fuss is a bit of a
misunderstanding, or at least a bit premature.

I have this impression because of the following answer from Lydia Middleton
to Neil's inquiry about solutions for non-members:

*I didn’t realize you were planning to communicate this just yet. We are
still formulating options for non-member listserv members. The Board has
approved a new membership category that we are currently building. *

*Please let everyone know that we are not quite ready to roll out these
changes yet but that more news will be forthcoming around how non-members
can continue to engage with the SIG.*

In any case, as I said in my last message to the listserv, I think we
should put all this on the ice until we have received all necessary
information and instructions from ASIST.

Cheers,
P.