[Sigmet-officers] No Student Papers!

Powell, Kimberly Robin krpowel at emory.edu
Tue Aug 12 12:04:01 EDT 2014

So bad news, SigMet officers,
The proposed deadline for the Student Paper contest is tomorrow (August 13th).  And the one entry we had submitted back in late-June has since been withdrawn by the author.  So...
We have no student entries!
It's my understanding the VISAs for travel into the USA for those that need it can take 6weeks to process- so we would want to have the process started for any winners no later than the week of September 15th.
How late do we think we can push back the submission deadline in order to gather more interest?
Any other thoughts or suggestions?
~Kim

-----
Kimberly R Powell, MIS
Life Sciences Informationist
Woodruff Health Sciences Center Library<health.library.emory.edu>
1462 Clifton Road, NE
Atlanta GA 30322
(404) 727-3961