[Sigmet-officers] Student Paper Contest- need reviewers and a plan

Sheble, Laura sheble at live.unc.edu
Thu Aug 15 10:20:30 EDT 2013

I'd be happy to help read and rank too!
Laura

From: "Cassidy Sugimoto (cassidysugimoto at gmail.com<mailto:cassidysugimoto at gmail.com>)" <cassidysugimoto at gmail.com<mailto:cassidysugimoto at gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 11:33 PM
To: "Powell, Kimberly Robin" <krpowel at emory.edu<mailto:krpowel at emory.edu>>
Cc: "sigmet-officers at mail.asis.org<mailto:sigmet-officers at mail.asis.org>" <sigmet-officers at mail.asis.org<mailto:sigmet-officers at mail.asis.org>>
Subject: Re: [Sigmet-officers] Student Paper Contest- need reviewers and a plan

Great! I think this sounds like a great process and I'm happy to read/rank.

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 5:26 PM, Powell, Kimberly Robin <krpowel at emory.edu<mailto:krpowel at emory.edu>> wrote:
Hi All,
The SIGMET Student Paper Contest submission window is now closed.  We've received 6 papers that need to be reviewed and ranked.  I think ideally there would be a small group willing to look at all six.  And then rank with a score from 1-6... 1 being the top pick.  We can then average the scores across as many complete reviewers and declare the lowest average the winner.  Or does reviewing all six seem too much?  It also sounded like we wanted to keep the review process amongst the officers.  So... whose willing to be a reviewer?

I'm including a list of the submitted titles under review.

·         Accessing Government Statistical Information

·         A Review of Randomized Controlled Trials (RCTs) that Examines Internet Based Smoking Reduction/Cessation Programs

·         Mendeley readership altmetrics for the social sciences and humanities: Research evaluation and knowledge flows

·         Multiple h index: A new Scientometric Indicator

·         Cognitive Distance and Peer Review: a study of a grant scheme in Infection Biology

·         Modelling Article Citation Impact Factors Using an Integrated Statistical Method

Please let me know if anyone has any additional thoughts.  Ideally we can pick a winner by the week of September 1st in order to allow as much time as possible for the student to make travel and/or visa arrangements.
Thanks!
~Kim

-----
Kimberly R Powell, MIS
Life Sciences Informationist
Woodruff Health Sciences Center Library<http://health.library.emory.edu>
1462 Clifton Road, NE
Atlanta GA 30322
(404) 727-3961<tel:%28404%29%20727-3961>

prohibited.

Cassidy R. Sugimoto, PhD
Assistant Professor
School of Informatics and Computing