[Sigmet-officers] Current Budget & Membership

Dietmar Wolfram dwolfram at uwm.edu
Thu Jul 28 12:20:16 EDT 2011

Here is the response I received from Jan:

"The $1,000 was a general allocation to get the SIG started.  I'm not aware
of any other transfers."

It's good news that the $1,000 is a general allocation, but I don't know where this leaves us on the student paper contest amount. Cassidy, I recall from an earlier message that you were able to secure $800 for the contest. Could you get in touch with your contact to determine the status of the funding?

Jan didn't mention whether we would also receive the per member allocations in addition to the $1,000. It may be that for the first year we just rely on the general allocation, which I suspect is substantially more than we would receive for the member allocation.

Dietmar