[Sigmet-officers] Identifying the strongest papers

Jonathan Levitt jonathan at levitt.net
Fri Apr 8 06:31:29 EDT 2011

 Dear all,

We need before the end of April to finalise how to rate the papers, so that we can identify the strongest papers.  A simple way of finding the strongest papers, is to add either all or a subset of the reviewer scores and to select the four papers with the highest total score for the second round.  There are several options, but I suspect that the choice of option is unlikely to affect significantly the results.   I would prefer to add all scores (as this way none of the reviewers’ assessments have been ‘wasted’), but am happy for us to use alternative criteria.

Best regards,
Jonathan.