[SigLT-L] Documentation_about_'Unix_for_librarians'

Carlos Vílchez Román adm1 at viabcp.com
Sat Jan 8 09:50:36 EST 2005

Hi everybody,

Sorry for the cross-posting

My name is Carlos Vilchez-Roman, head of the Automation Office
of the Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos (UNMSM) Library
university, located in Lima, Peru.

I am writing you for the following: the next month I’ll be giving a
training course called “UNIX for librarians”. I think this course will
be very helpful because our ILS is running on a UNIX Tru64 box.

Sadly there’s no material available in Spanish about this topic. I have
only found a book titled ‘UNIX and libraries’ and an article published
in
Computers in Libraries, 16 (10), 34-36. In Amazon.com the book is
out of print (I only work with Amazon. They give me a guarantee).

For that reason I’d ask you if you know a website (or PDF files) where
I can get documentarion about training courses on “UNIX and librarians”.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Cordially yours,

Carlos Vílchez-Román