[SigLT-L] Looking for an electronic statistical gathering tool

Kevin Comerford kevco at microsoft.com
Wed Aug 13 14:50:57 EDT 2003

Hi Cindy,
I've built a database system with a simple front end that my Reference
Desk staff use to input usage statistics - the UI is simply a set of
buttons on a web form that refresh themselves when clicked - each button
represents a different category of user request. All that is needed is
one button click to log the type of user interaction, date, time and
location.

Incidentally, I have experimented with some automated data gathering
devices (hardware & software), and have found them to be time consuming
to implement and rather high maintenance to run, taking more time than I
have to spend working with them. Still looking for a perfect solution on
that front.

Kevin Comerford
Group Manager, Media Content Management
Microsoft Corporation