[SigLT-L] Open Source for ILS

Pascal V. Calarco pvcalarc at vcu.edu
Mon Apr 14 11:48:50 EDT 2003

Dear Emil --

The only one I am aware of that is production-ready is Koha
(http://www.koha.org/).  The one other project I am aware of that is
attempting to build open-source ILS functionality, Open Source Digital
Library System (OSDLS), is located at http://osdls.library.arizona.edu
I see that you have already posted to the OSDLS mailing list, and they
pointed you to Koha.

If you haven't already, I would suggest asking your question also at the
Open Source Software for Libraries list (oss4lib).  You can subscribe to
this list at
http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/oss4lib-discuss/members

The oss4lib homepage is at http://www.oss4lib.org/

They also maintain a useful list of open-source library-oriented
projects at http://www.oss4lib.org/projects/

Please let us know what your organization decides upon -- this is an
interesting area of development.

   Best regards,

    pascal

Pascal V. Calarco, MLIS, AHIP