[SigLT-L] Looking for an electronic statistical gathering tool

Pascal Calarco pvcalarc@vcu.edu
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 15:09:34 -0500

Hi Cindy --

We've used a ColdFusion application to collect ref stats for about the
past two years, and are in the process of generalizing this out to other
kinds of service encounters at other service points (ie. hourly
gatecounts, circulation encounters, etc.).  We didn't look too hard at
what's out there, so I can't speak to what vendor solutions exist, but
its very easy to build these kinds of simple web applications in CF, and
to a lesser degree, PHP (which is more complicated and labor-intensive,
IMO).

  - pascal

Pascal V. Calarco, MLIS, AHIP             e-mail: pascal.calarco@vcu.edu
Head, Library Information Systems         tel.: 804-828-0032
VCU Libraries                             fax: 804-828-0151
Virginia Commonwealth University          http://www.library.vcu.edu/
Richmond, VA USA 23284-2033