[Sigkm-l] SIG-KM at the annual meeting

FREEBURG, DARIN DARINF at mailbox.sc.edu
Tue Oct 24 16:11:53 EDT 2017

Hello!

SIG-KM will be well-represented at the annual meeting, from workshops to panels to posters. At the risk of leaving some of our members out, I won’t try and provide a comprehensive list, but be on the lookout. We are there!

A few things to remember if you are attending the annual meeting.

  *   Our SIG-KM planning session is 10/30 from 3:30-5:00pm, in the Arlington Room. You are all welcome and encouraged to attend.
  *   We will be meeting up for an informal lunch/get-together on 10/30 at noon. Meet by the registration tables. This will be a great way to get to know other members.
  *   If you would like to attend the planning session, but cannot attend the annual meeting, let me know. I’m looking into some options for virtual attendance.
  *   Be on the look-out for the new KM newsletter, which will be unveiled at the annual meeting. It will soon be distributed via email. Consider how you might be part of it.
  *   We are always looking for people wanting to work with us, so please consider volunteering yourself.

Here are the results of our election:
Chair: Jayne Sappington (current chair-elect)
Chair-Elect: Nithyanandam Mathiyazhagan (Mathi) (52% of the vote)
Treasurer: Elizabeth Frakes (57% of the vote)
Secretary: Jane Leuchter (100% of the vote)

See you soon!

--
Darin Freeburg, PhD
Assistant Professor