[Sigkm-l] Annual Meeting

FREEBURG, DARIN DARINF at mailbox.sc.edu
Sat Oct 8 17:08:01 EDT 2016

Hello Members of SIG-KM!

As the incoming chair, I wanted to say a quick hello and welcome you to our annual meeting in Copenhagen if you will be attending.

That meeting will be on Tuesday from 4:45-6:00 (16:45-18:00) in Thames 1. If you would like to Skype in, that’s also a possibility; just let me know. If you have things you’d like added to our discussion, just email them to me. This is a great time to talk about what we’d like to do this year. We didn’t have as many offerings as we’d like this past year, so come with ideas.

I would like to think about:

·         Ways to partner with other SIGS (most of us are in more than one, so we should have plenty of ideas)

·         Webinars that would be beneficial to both membership and those outside of ASIS&T dabbling in KM

·         How we can increase communication, e.g. a bi-monthly newsletter with little KM-related blurbs written by different SIG members. We could turn this into a series of white papers.

·         Panel submissions for next year’s annual meeting (related to possible partnership with other SIG). What has ASIS&T been missing that a KM group could bring?

I look forward to seeing/hearing from you.

--
Darin Freeburg, PhD
Assistant Professor