[Sigkm-l] Information Literacy/Ibero-America.Celebrating 1442 contents-resources and the Declaration of Havana in English

Alejandro Uribe Tirado auribe at bibliotecologia.udea.edu.co
Wed Oct 24 22:11:27 EDT 2012

This October 25th marks the 3rd anniversary of the Ibero-America Information
Literacy Project that began with the blog:
http://alfiniberoamerica.blogspot.com and has continued with the generation of
different Web resources: http://aurl.es/bd.u

To mark this anniversary, and as part of the Open Access Week (22 to 28
October), we want to share two news of great value:

* This week we attained 1442 contents-resources from the repository-wiki:
http://alfiniberoamerica.wikispaces.com, that reflect the state of the art of
this subject in our 22 countries (Latin America, Spain and Portugal), most
open access:

Articles (425) - Papers (309) - Books/Chapters (93) - Degree
Works/Undergraduate (30) - Thesis/Postgraduate (72) - Declarations, models,
levels and standards (32) - Presentations (140) - Videos (43) - Audios (5) -
Events (46) - Web Resources (34) - Experiences and information literacy
courses (213)

* The publication of the "Havana Declaration: fifteen information literacy
actions from Ibero America..." in its English version:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BweUYcipCswRUlUwMEV0dXJOZzQ (thanks to the
collaboration of Jesus Lau, Mari Carmen Torras and Sean Cordes), whose aim is
to present our vision and information literacy purposes internationally. This
English version is attached to and made to Brazilian Portuguese, Portugal
Portuguese and Catalan:
https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0BweUYcipCswRN3lLXzFBMldXeVU/edit?pli=1

Therefore, we invite you to visit and report both our wiki-repository with
multiple content-resources, as this declaration in these languages,
considering that from Latin America can work together and make different
contributions to information literacy in the world.

Regards,

Alejandro Uribe Tirado
PhD Candidate / University of Granada (Spain)
Professor / Inter-American School of Information Science
Researcher / Information, Knowledge and Society Group
Information Literacy, Information Technology and Knowledge Management Areas
University of Antioquia
Medellin, Colombia
***
auribe at bibliotecologia.udea.edu.co