[Sigkm-l] Unleash the innovation within

Mark Montgomery markm at kyield.com
Thu Dec 11 09:37:06 EST 2008

Hello old friends and colleagues,

We recently released a white paper that may be of interest: Unleash the innovation within.

The brief paper in part summarizes what we've learned over nearly 15 years now of operating a small knowledge systems lab/incubator, including two leading online learning and social networks (one for small business 1995-1997, and another for global thought leaders- 1997-2000). >From the ashes of these experiments slowly emerged a semantic network we call Kyield.

The paper has been very well received: www.kyield.com/publications.html
We also posted a business case I wrote on K systems for the U.S. Gov after Katrina, which finally helped to raise a national (U.S.) KM system to the White House agenda, which is a requirement for government-wide efforts. And Dr. Robert Neilson posted his paper on the role of the CKO- Rob is now KM advisor for the U.S. Army- he was professor and a CKO at NDU previously.

I also started a blog dedicated to Kyield, with the initial post a brief historical summary of KM shared with the SLA if you are interested.
http://kyield.wordpress.com/

Cheers,

Mark Montgomery
Co-founder