[Sigkm-l] CfP Workshop on Knowledge Discovery & Similarity in CBR @ ECCBR08 [Submission Deadline: June 6th]

Kerstin Bach bach at iis.uni-hildesheim.de
Mon Apr 28 10:10:23 EDT 2008

** Apologies for multiple copies due to cross-posting **
** Please distribute to anyone who might be interested **

| Call for Papers                                                    |
| 2nd Workshop on Knowledge Discovery and Similarity in Case Based   |
| Reasoning                                                          |
| In conjunction with the 9th European Conference on                 |
| Case Based Reasoning                                               |
| September 1-4, 2008, Trier, Germany                                |
| Workshop Website: http://www.iis.uni-hildesheim.de/kds08           |
| Conference Website: http://www.wi2.uni-trier.de/eccbr08/index.php  |

Workshop on Knowledge Discovery and Similarity in CBR

Case-based reasoning systems rely on a variety of techniques, such as
data mining, machine learning, and knowledge discovery in order to
build, maintain, and use their knowledge resources both for domain and
system processing. In addition, these techniques rely on metrics for
determining various kinds of similarity between aspects of domain and
system knowledge. In continuation of the Workshop on Knowledge Discovery
and Similarity at the ICCBR 2007, this workshop will bring together
researchers and practitioners to explore issues and approaches for
discovering, building, maintaining, and applying the essential
underlying knowledge to build and support case-based reasoning systems.
The workshop aims to provide an interdisciplinary forum for the exchange
of new ideas and the discussion of future research directions.

We are interested in submissions on the topics related to discovering,
building, maintaining, and applying CBR knowledge sources like textual,
structural, temporal or image cases. Furthermore we encourage
contributions in the context of multiple case base or agent based
applications. Topics include, but are not limited to:

* Applications of machine learning
* Knowledge discovery
* Update of knowledge
* Outdated knowledge
* Reuse of knowledge
* Automated extraction of knowledge sources (from the WWW, from
   semi-structured documents, etc.)
* Life cycles of experiences (cases)
* Adaptation of knowledge vocabulary
* Multilingual textual or mixed content types CBR approaches
* Flexible similarity measures
* Maintenance of corporate memories
* Usage of feedback
* Maintenance of adaptation knowledge
* Maintainable knowledge
* Maintenance tools
* Combination of cases
* Practical experiences
* Deployed application
* Application oriented approaches

--------------
  Submissions
--------------

We invite paper submissions including descriptions of works in progress,
research contributions, and position statements. Submissions should
attempt to address issues relating to knowledge discovery and similarity
in case-based reasoning. Workshop papers should be submitted in Springer
LNCS format, which is the format required for the final camera ready
copy, with a maximum of 10 pages. Authors' instructions along with LaTeX
and Word macro files are available on the web at:
http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html

Submissions should be made through the workshop conference management
system http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=kds08.

---------------------
  Deadlines And Dates
---------------------

* June 6, 2008: Deadline for workshop paper submission
* June 30, 2008: Notification of acceptance for workshop papers
* July 25, 2008: Final camera ready copies due
* September 1-4, 2008: Workshops held at ECCBR 2008 (in parallel)

---------------------
  Workshop Organizers
---------------------

* Kerstin Bach, University of Hildesheim, Germany
* Miltos Petridis, University of Greenwich, UK

--------------------
  Workshop Committee
--------------------

* Enrico Blanzieri, University of Trento, Italy
* Pádraig Cunningham, University College Dublin, Northern Ireland
* Béatrice Fuchs, Claude Bernard University of Lyon, France
* Deepak Khemani, IIT Madras, India
* David Leake, Indiana University, USA
* Mirjam Minor, University of Trier, Germany
* Meike Reichle, University of Hildesheim, Germany
* David Wilson, University of North Carolina, USA
* Qiang Yang, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong

For further information do not hesitate to contact the workshop
organizers Miltos Petridis (m.petridis at gre.ac.uk) and Kerstin Bach
(bach at iis.uni-hildesheim.de)

--
Kerstin Bach, M.Sc.
Office: + 49 (5121) 883 754	    University of Hildesheim