[Sigkm-l] SIG KM at ASIST Invitation and Reminder

Deborah Swain swainham at msn.com
Fri Oct 6 16:34:46 EDT 2006

Greetings all SIG-KM Members:
I hope you have registered for ASIS&T conference in Austin (between Nov. 3
and Nov. 9).If not yet, see:
https://www.asis.org/Conferences/AM06/index.html.

When you register, you might also consider the Saturday half-day workshop on
blogs/wikis, which we are co-sponsoring with SIG-DL and SIG-BWP (as will be
indicated in Final Program later):
"Workshop on Blogs and Wikis:  How They Can Improve Conference
Communications" (half-day)

I am mainly writing to find out when you want to meet as a SIG at the ASIST
annual conference? A room can be reserved for us Monday afternoon or on
Tuesday. I suggest 4pm Tuesday before the 5:00 sessions and after the 3:30
Business Meeting. Please let me know if you have a conflict.

Other events to consider:
o   6:30pm, Sunday SIG RUSH and reception (FUN!!!)
o  10AM Monday, Nov. 6 Panel 1 we are sponsoring: "Virtual Communities &
Social Networks: The Impact of Blogs and Online Community on Social
Engagement"
o   8:30am Tues, Nov. 7 Panel 2 that we are sponsoring: "The Reality of the
Global, Digital Workplace: Innovation in Knowledge Management"
AND
o   8:30am Tues, Nov. 7 a Panel that we are co-sponsoring with SIG-SI and
SIG-USE: "Knowledge Sharing in Online Communities: Digital Trends in
Practice"

Have you had a chance to BLOG yet? (see below) I want to as part of
inspiration at the International Conference on Knowledge Management (OCKM)
in August a "knowledge sharing" advocate suggested using BLOGS before you
meet to exchange information so that the meeting in person can really be a
deeper knowledge sharing experience. Interesting concept.

Hope to see you in Austin.
Regards, Deborah Swain, SIG-KM Chair