[Sigkm-l] [Fwd: [km4dev-l] KM4D Vol. 2 No.1 (2006) Now Online]

Michel J. Menou Michel.Menou at wanadoo.fr
Thu May 11 14:56:19 EDT 2006

-------- Message original --------
Sujet: 	[km4dev-l] KM4D Vol. 2 No.1 (2006) Now Online
Date: 	Wed, 10 May 2006 18:12:42 +0530
De: 	Dina Halaby <dhalaby at gdnet.org>
Répondre à: 	KM for Development <km4dev-l at dgroups.org>
Pour: 	KM for Development <km4dev-l at dgroups.org>

Dear KM4Dev Community,

It is with great pleasure that I announce to you that the May 2006 issue of KM4D on the theme of "Effective knowledge sharing for development in Africa" is now available online (http://www.km4dev.org/journal/index.php/km4dj <http://www.km4dev.org/journal/index.php/km4dj> ). The issue has been guest-edited by myself, Reine Djuidje Kouam, Kingo Mchombu and Alice Mungwa and we've had the privelege of working with both Julie Ferguson and Sarah Cummings as Chief editors.

The issue has 5 articles, 4 case studies, an interview and a book review as follows:

Editorial

Effective knowledge sharing for development in Africa.
Dina El Halaby, Reine Djuidje Kouam, Kingo Mchombu, Alice Mungwa, Julie Ferguson, Sarah Cummings 	1-3

Articles

Overcoming barriers: promoting women's local knowledge.
Friederike Knabe, Jacqueline Nkoyok 	4-19
The power of peer reviews in building a learning network for local government in South Africa.
Zenobia Africa, Martin Nicol 	20-32
Partager les connaissances avec les populations pour un développement durable en société post-conflit: regard sur le processus électoral au Congo/Kinshasa.
Jacques Tshibwabwa Kuditshini 	33-47
Impediments and innovations in knowledge sharing: the case of the African shea sector.
Marlène Elias, Jules Bayala, Mahamadi Dianda 	48-63
Towards improving farmers' livelihoods through exchange of local agricultural content in rural Uganda.
Ednah Karamagi Akiiki 	64-75

Case Studies

Challenges faced by African organizations in knowledge sharing: the case of the African Population and Health Research Centre.
Rose Oronje 	76-85
Study tours as a knowledge sharing mechanism and a networking opportunity in the development sector. The example of a Local Economic Development study tour in South Africa.
Sabine Hage 	86-90
Effective knowledge sharing: the Tanzanian Industrial Research and Development Organization as mediator between the foreign and local sector.
Astrid Szogs, Lugano Wilson 	91-102
Knowledge management and natural resources in Africa: perspectives from two networks.
Anna van der Heijden, Tony Pryor, Lars Soeftestad 	103-115

Interviews

An interview with Kingo Mchombu. Knowledge sharing in Africa: the key to poverty alleviation?
Dina El Hababy 	116-124

Reviews

Review of 'The World Café. Shaping our futures through conversations that matter.'
Sibrenne Wagenaar 	125-130

Community Notes

Academia and development.
Chris Burman 	131-139

We hope you enjoy reading the issue and we very much look forward to your feedback and comments.

Best regards,
Dina

Dina El Halaby
Regional Program Manager