[Sigkm-l] [Fwd: [km4dev-l] Call for Guest editors for December 2006 issue of the 'KM4D Journal' (Vol.2, issue 3)]

Michel J. Menou Michel.Menou at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jul 18 08:53:59 EDT 2006

***
Dear Colleagues

The 6th issue of the 'Knowledge Management for Development Journal' (Vol.2,
Issue 3) is due in December and it will be my turn to work with a group of
Guest Editors as chief editor. In our original planning, we thought that
the December issue should concentrate on the relationship between
information management and knowledge management, considering how the
theoretical relationship is illustrated by practical examples. Since then,
however, I'm wondering if it might be more interesting to look at
'knowledge divides' more generally - North/South,
grassroots/practitioner/researcher/policymaker, language, and even IM/KM -
with practical examples of how these divides are being crossed. This
possible shift in emphasis is in response to the considerable enthusiasm
which has been met by Julie's article 'Bridging the gap between research
and practice'  from last December's issue of the journal (see:
http://www.km4dev.org/journal/index.php/km4dj/article/view/39)

If either the IM/KM or the 'knowledge divides' approach appeals to you, and
you would be interested in being a Guest Editor on this forthcoming issue -
or would even like to discuss the subject coverage only, please would you
send an e-mail noting your interest to km4dj-editors at dgroups.org with the
subject line: 6th issue.

I'm going to be absent from the office until 12 August but I'll get back to
you after then. In the meantime, Mike Powell has kindly agreed to keep a
watching brief on this until I get back. I would assume that we will be
working on a 'Call for papers' to be issued by the end of August/first week
September.

If you would like to register a burning interest in another theme that
could be the subject of a future issue of the journal, please don't
hesitate to let us know, also via the above Dgroup.

Hoping to hear from some of you!

Best wishes
Sarah Cummings
<S.Cummings _aroba_ kit.nl>

(co-chief editor of KM4D Journal with Julie Ferguson and Lucie Lamoureux)
An open access, peer-reviewed journal on knowledge management in
development - for and by development practitioners and researchers at
www.km4dev.org/journal