[Sigkm-l] Knowledge Management

Margie Hlava mhlava at accessinn.com
Wed Jul 10 16:48:45 EDT 2002

There is a big initiative among the Pharmaceutical companies in this area.
They are using several tools - some purchased and some developed
internally.  The PERI meeting (Pharmaceutical Education Research Institute)
and the DIA (Drug Information Association) Have a lot of information on the
subject and case study reports of current operations.  All the big players
seem to be looking at this as a market.

The case studies at the last meeting involved presentations on the
successful implementations of Data Harmony MAI (www.dataharmony.com),
Semio (www.semio.com),  and lively discussions of whether Verity works well
in this environment.  Papers are good and I recommend looking at the
www.peri.ogr and www.dia.org web sites

Margie Hlava
Access Innovations