[Sigiii-l] Recruiting Reviewers (Officers) for International Paper Contest (Committee)

Potnis, Devendra Dilip dpotnis at utk.edu
Fri Dec 8 12:28:06 EST 2017

Dear All,

To increase the diversity of the International Paper Contest (IPC) committee and rigor in reviewing the IPC submissions, the IPC committee plans to recruit additional officers whose main responsibility will be to review papers submitted to the contest.

Currently, our committee consists of reviewers from India, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. Hence, we invite applications from SIG-III members working in academic and non-academic settings like public libraries, medical libraries, schools, corporations, not-for-profits, etc. in Africa, Asia (except India, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka), and Latin America. Scholars with diverse research interests and expertise related to information science are also encouraged to apply for this exciting and unique opportunity. Prior experience of reviewing research papers is desired but not required.

If you are interested and have appropriate credentials, please send me your CV and a brief statement in support of your interest, at dpotnis at utk.edu<mailto:dpotnis at utk.edu>, as soon as possible.

If selected, you will be expected to review and score the submissions using a rubric provided to you sometime in March, April, or May of next year. Your brief justification of the score followed by suggestions to improve the overall paper would help authors improve their work.

Let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks!

-Devendra Potnis
IPC Chair, SIG-III