[Sigiii-l] I3 (Information: Interactions and Impact), June 27-30 2017 – Registration now open

IAN JOHNSON (0616285) i.m.johnson at rgu.ac.uk
Sat Apr 8 02:08:46 EDT 2017

I3 (Information: Interactions and Impact) provides a forum for exchanging research findings, identifying key questions and issues for future research and the effectiveness of interaction between people and information. A worldwide gathering of experts in the fields of Information and Library Science will share their expertise with delegates at the I3 Conference hosted by Robert Gordon University (RGU). Registration is now open for the event which takes place from June 27-30 and early bird booking is available until April 17th.

The conference, which is being organised by the Information Management Group at RGU’s School of Creative and Cultural Business, is a biennial event which is regarded as one of the leading conferences in its field. The 2017 conference attracted papers on internationally significant research by academics from more than 20 countries and it will include presentations and round table discussions from around the world. Keynote presentations will be delivered by: Professor Elaine Thoms from University of Sheffield, Professor Gobinda Chowdhury from University of Northumbria, Dr Crystal Fulton from University College Dublin and Amy Sippitt from Full Fact, an independent fact-checking charity.

The programme of events for 2017 also includes a civic reception and a conference dinner and ceilidh at the Chester Hotel. Conference Director Professor Peter Reid said: “This year’s conference is particularly special for us as we will be celebrating the 10th anniversary of I3 conferences and the 50th anniversary of the founding of our librarianship courses. We are delighted to be welcoming such a distinguished group of academics to share this occasion with us.”

The conference is preceded by a one-day Doctoral Colloquium, iDocQ, on June 26 which is open to any doctoral students in Information Science or related technologies. Attendance to iDocQ is free for doctoral students attending Scottish universities. Dr Elizabeth Tait, Information Management Subject Leader at RGU said: “iDocQ is always a lively and popular event and the focus this year on digital social methods and representation will be valuable for doctoral students.”

Further information is available at www.rgu.ac.uk/research/conferences/i-2017<http://www.rgu.ac.uk/research/conferences/i-2017>
or by emailing i3information at rgu.ac.uk<mailto:i3information at rgu.ac.uk>

Robert Gordon University is the top university for graduate jobs in the UK (HESA 2013 & 2014) Robert Gordon University, a Scottish charity registered under charity number SC 013781. This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege. It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party. If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Robert Gordon University. Thank you.