[Sigiii-l] ASIS&T Bulletin - questionnaire

Rorissa, Abebe arorissa at albany.edu
Thu Oct 22 16:54:22 EDT 2015

Dear SIG III member,

As part of its efforts to increase the international reach and readership of the Bulletin of the Association for Information Science and Technology, ASIS&T, (http://www.asis.org/Bulletin/) the ASIS&T Bulletin Board tasked SIG III with looking into the viability of translating the Bulletin's table of contents and making them available in multiple languages. We believe that making the ASIS&T Bulletin available in as many languages as possible is in line with one of the goals of ASIS&T articulated in its draft strategic plan (See Goal 2.3 in: https://www.asist.org/files/governance/ASIST_Strategic_Plan_Draft_Sept_2015_v7.pdf).

In order to recruit ASIS&T members who are willing to translate tables of contents of the ASIS&T Bulletin (and receive credit - your name will appear on the Bulletin page together with your translation), we have designed a short questionnaire. If you would like to volunteer, please visit the questionnaire site: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NXJFV67. It will take approximately 5 minutes to complete. Information collected through the questionnaire will be kept confidential and will not be shared with any third parties. An aggregate summary of responses will be shared only with members of the Bulletin Board and we will use your email address to contact you in the future.

If you have any questions, you can reach me at arorissa at albany.edu<mailto:arorissa at albany.edu>.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Abebe Rorissa
Abebe Rorissa, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Information Studies
College of Engineering and Applied Sciences
University at Albany, State University of New York
Draper Hall, Room 113
135 Western Avenue
Albany, NY 12222
E-mail: arorissa at albany.edu<mailto:arorissa at albany.edu>