[Sigiii-l] The winners of the InfoShare awards for 2015

Selenay Aytac Selenay.Aytac at liu.edu
Fri Jan 30 09:09:59 EST 2015

Dear Colleagues,

On behalf of all our fellow officers of the Special Interest Group for International Information Issues (SIG-III) of the American Society for Information Science and Technology (ASIS&T), we are pleased to announce the winners of the InfoShare awards for 2015.

Information professionals from developing countries, where the cost of ASIS&T membership would be a burden, are eligible to receive one year of membership. SIG-III officers vote on a roster of candidates nominated by ASIS&T colleagues or others. These memberships are funded by monies raised at the International Reception during the ASIS&T Annual Meeting. 2014 was a very successful year for the reception in Seattle and we are thrilled to be able to offer memberships to 5 outstanding professional candidates and 2 student candidates:

Professional members

Dwaymian Brissette, Jamaica
Elsabé Olivier, South Africa
Olufunmilayo Iyabo Fati, Nigeria
Shima Moradi, Iran
Vesna Vuksan, Serbia

Student members

Amjid Khan s/o Lakhkar Khan, Pakistan
Jiban K. Pal, India

Please welcome these new members into the ASIS&T community!

You can learn more about the InfoShare program at the SIG-III web site: (http://www.asis.org/SIG/SIGIII/)

Kindest regards,

Selenay Aytac and Christine Hagar

InfoShare