[Sigiii-l] Winners of the SIG-III InfoShare Membership Awards

Potnis, Devendra Dilip dpotnis at utk.edu
Fri Apr 4 16:11:45 EDT 2014

Dear Colleagues,

On behalf of all our fellow officers of the Special Interest Group for International Information Issues (SIG-III) of the Association for Information Science and Technology (ASIS&T), we are pleased to announce the winners of the InfoShare awards for 2014.

Information professionals from developing countries, where the cost of ASIS&T membership would be a burden, are eligible to receive one year of membership. SIG-III officers vote on a roster of candidates nominated by ASIS&T colleagues or others. These memberships are funded by monies raised at the International Reception during the ASIS&T Annual Meeting. 2013 was a very successful year for the reception in Montreal and we are thrilled to be able to offer memberships to 4 outstanding professional candidates and 3 student candidates:

Professional members
Abdullahi Bege, Nigeria
Emilian Bribena, Nigeria
Irakli Garibashvili, Georgia
Projes Roy, India

Student members
Guleda Dogan, Turkey
Purity Mwagha, Kenya
Zehra Taskin, Turkey

You can learn more about the program at the InfoShare page of theSIG-III web site: (http://www.asis.org/SIG/SIGIII/)

Please welcome these new members into the ASIS&T community!

Selenay Aytac
Devendra Potnis
InfoShare
SIG-III