[Sigiii-l] Fwd: IFIP Working Group 9.4 Newsletter: Request for Contribution of Article

Michel Menou michel.menou at orange.fr
Thu May 30 14:50:55 EDT 2013

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	IFIP Working Group 9.4 Newsletter: Request for Contribution of
Article
Date: 	Thu, 30 May 2013 14:56:47 +0530
From: 	ifipnewsletter <ifipnewsletter at iimahd.ernet.in>

Dear Sir/Madam,

The editorial team of the International Federation for Information
Processing (IFIP) Working Group 9.4 newsletter titled 'Information
Technology in Developing Countries', which is published by the Indian
Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, India would like to invite you to
contribute articles/case studies for publication in the June 2013 issue
of the newsletter. The newsletter carries articles on topics such as
current developments taking place in the field of ICT and e-Governance
in the context of developing countries, ICT applications that have been
able to create a socio-economic impact, paradigms to understand the
impact of IT on development and its social implications, etc. Our
readers primarily include academicians, development practitioners,
administrators concerned with IT policy, and IT professionals. The
current issue of the newsletter can be accessed at:
http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/egov/ifip/feb2013/feb2013.htm. Adownloadable
PDF version of this issue is also available on our website
at:http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/egov/ifip/feb2013/feb2013.pdf.

We request you to send in articles and case studies, written or compiled
by you, that may be relevant to the newsletter's theme. Your
contribution could relate to any developing country in the world wherein
e- governance/ICT applications have created a significant impact on the
lives of citizens. It could even be a conceptual note on issues such as:
reasons for the failure of a particular project and guidelines for
implementation, projects being undertaken for the achievement of the
Millennium Development Goals and their progress so far, new and
innovative developments taking place in the areas of e-learning,
e-health, telecenters, community radio, mobile enabled services etc.

The article contributed by you may be modified by the editorial team as
per the format and requirements of the newsletter. However this shall be
done only with prior approval from you. Please note that the
article/case study contributed should be an original one and should not
have been published in an identical form elsewhere (online). The
contribution should reach us by the second week of June 2013, as this
will provide us with sufficient time to review and/or modify it (if
needed). However, the deadline for submission can be extended based on
your convenience.

Throughout the 18 years of its publication, the newsletter has received
an overwhelming response from its readers as well as contributors who
have made this achievement possible with their highly interesting and
thought-provoking articles. We hope to receive the same kind of
enthusiasm and participation in our endeavour in the coming years. We
look forward to your support in making the newsletter a far more
valuable product for our readers.

Thank you so much and best regards,

Editorial Team.