[Sigiii-l] Fwd: Call for Articles for the IFIP Newsletter February 2014 Issue

Michel Menou michel.menou at orange.fr
Thu Dec 5 05:07:13 EST 2013

-------- Original Message --------
From: ifipnewsletter at iimahd.ernet.in

Thu, 5 Dec 2013 11:34:29 +0530

Dear Sir/Madam,

  The editorial team of the International Federation for Information
Processing (IFIP) Working Group 9.4 newsletter titled ‘Information
Technology in Developing Countries’, which is published by the Indian
Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, India would like to invite you to
contribute articles/case studies for publication for the February 2014
issue  of the newsletter. The newsletter carries articles on topics such
as current developments taking place in the field of ICT and
e-Governance in the context of developing countries, ICT applications
that have been able to create a socio-economic impact, paradigms to
understand the impact of IT on development and its social implications,
etc. Our readers primarily include academicians, development
practitioners, administrators concerned with IT policy, and IT
professionals. The current issue of the newsletter can be accessed at:
http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/egov/ifip/nov2013.htm A downloadable PDF
version of this issue is also available on our website at:
http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/egov/ifip/nov2013.pdf

  We request you to send in articles and case studies, written or
compiled by you, that may be relevant to the newsletter’s theme. Your
contribution could relate to any developing country in the world wherein
e- governance/ICT applications have created a significant impact on the
lives of citizens. It could even be a conceptual note on issues such as:
reasons for the failure of a particular project and guidelines for
implementation, projects being undertaken for the achievement of the
Millennium Development Goals and their progress so far, new and
innovative developments taking place in the areas of e-learning,
e-health, telecenters, community radio, mobile enabled services etc.

  The article contributed by you should may be modified by the editorial
team as per the format and requirements of the newsletter. However this
shall be done only with prior approval from you. Please note that the
article/case study contributed should be an original one and should not
have been published in an identical form elsewhere (online). The
contribution should reach us by the last week of January 2014, as this
will provide us with sufficient time to review and/or modify it (if
needed). However, the deadline for submission can be extended based on
your convenience.

  Throughout the 18 years of its publication, the newsletter has
received an overwhelming response from its readers as well as
contributors who have made this achievement possible with their highly
interesting and thought-provoking articles. We hope to receive the same
kind of enthusiasm and participation in our endeavor in the coming
years. We look forward to your support in making the newsletter a far
more valuable product for our readers.

  The newsletter can be subscribed to, free of cost, at:
http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/egov/ifip/subscrib.htm
Thank you so much

Best Wishes,
IFIP Editorial Team