[Sigiii-l] RIP Nasser Sharify

Michel Menou michel.menou at orange.fr
Sat Aug 24 08:42:05 EDT 2013

I learn of the passing of Nasser Sharify, yesterday evening.

Nasser was Dean emeritus of SLIS, Pratt Institute.
He was a most remarkable and charming person and a committed pioneer in
internationalizing perspectives in our field.
Among many accomplishments, he was instrumental in the building of the
Moroccan School of information science (ESI).

More bio information
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasser_Sharify

Useless to say talking of an Iranian scholar, he was also a poet:
 > Sing, sing, sing, I can't.
 > I was a singer, happy and proud,
 > rejoicing, singing, rejoicing, singing.
 > Sky was filled with my songs.
 > Now I am silent.
 > Died in my throat
 > the music of life.

(The Poet. N. Sharify. A Homeful Sound,Denver, CO, Brown & Sons
Publishing, 2013)