[Sigiii-l] Soliciting ideas for a half-day, pre-conference, workshop and conference panels

Rorissa, Abebe arorissa at albany.edu
Mon Apr 1 02:07:08 EDT 2013

*** Apologies for cross posting ***

Dear SIG-III Members,

It is exactly two weeks until the proposals for panels and workshops for the 2013 ASIS&T Annual Meeting are due. We need to make a decision as soon as possible and assemble teams of contributors to the panel and workshop proposals. So far, #3 & #5 below have the most votes as panels while we have some members interested in contributing to #1, #5, and #6. Most people said #6 should be a pre-conference workshop.

This doesn't mean that we shouldn't put together proposals for the others (or even additional ones). I hope you will let me know if you are submitting other proposals.

If you would like to be part of any of the panels  and/or the pre-conference workshop, please send me a short note off list by Thursday, April 4, so that we would have enough time to write the 2-4 page proposal for submission on the 15th.

I really need your full participation on this so that SIG-III will have a strong presence in Montreal. Thank you!

Abebe