[Sigiii-l] Fwd: NEW Library training materials from Peace Corps: Sustainable Library Development Training Package

M.J. Menou michel.menou at orange.fr
Fri Oct 19 08:56:10 EDT 2012

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	NEW Library training materials from Peace Corps: Sustainable
Library Development Training Package
Date: 	Thu, 18 Oct 2012 16:01:28 +0000
From: 	Wadsworth, Gail <gwadsworth at peacecorps.gov>
CC: 	Carrel, Marcy <mcarrel at peacecorps.gov>

Hello Michel -

My colleague Marcy Carrel and I, with input from Peace Corps field
staff, have just completed a  set of resources for training Peace Corps
Volunteers in sustainable library development. We are pleased that we
are able to publicly release these materials and share them with the
larger library community. Please feel free to use and share these
materials widely. As we will continue to develop additional training
resources, we welcome your feedback on this training package.

Below is a brief description and links to the resources on the Peace
Corps public website:

*Sustainable Library Development Training Package
<http://www.peacecorps.gov/library/pubindex/> *(scroll to alphabetical
listing)

The purpose of the Sustainable Library Development Training Package is
to support and provide guidance to Peace Corps Volunteers engaged in
library projects as both primary work assignments and secondary project
activities. Training packages are used at Peace Corps posts worldwide to
train and prepare Volunteers for their  work in the field. The
Sustainable Library Development Training Package can also be used by
Volunteers to facilitate workshops on library development in their host
country communities. Each session plan is stand-alone and includes all
relevant handouts; some handouts are repeated from session to session.
Listed below are links to the training package with session plans,
PowerPoint materials, and all referenced publications.

Sustainable Library Development Training Package
<http://files.peacecorps.gov/library/Sustainable_Library_Development_Training_Package.pdf>
(includes session plans)

/Accompanying Materials:/

PowerPoint: Session: Peace Corps Resources for Library Projects AND
Introduction to Sustainable Library Development; Trainer Material 1:
PowerPoint Library Photos
<http://files.peacecorps.gov/library/TP_ED_Libraries_PC_Resources_for_Libraries_M1_2012-10.ppt>

PowerPoint: Session: Library Supplementary Services; Trainer Material 1:
PowerPoint-Library Scene Cartoons A and B
<http://files.peacecorps.gov/library/TP_ED_Libraries_Supplementary_Services_M1_2012-10.ppt>

/Libraries for All! <http://files.peacecorps.gov/library/RE035.pdf>
/(No. RE035)

/Setting Up and Running a School Library
<http://files.peacecorps.gov/library/ED204.pdf> /(No. ED204)

/Sources of Donated Books for Schools and Libraries
<http://files.peacecorps.gov/library/RE003.pdf> /(No. RE003)

/PACA Using Participatory Analysis for Community Action: Idea Book
<http://files.peacecorps.gov/library/M0086.pdf> /(No. M0086)

/New Project Design and Management Workshop Training Manual, The
<http://files.peacecorps.gov/library/T0107.pdf> /(No. T0107)

Regards,

Gail

Gail Wadsworth

Expert

Information Collection & Exchange - ICE

Overseas Programming and Training Support - OPATS

Peace Corps

1111 20th Street NW - Sixth Floor - 6311

Washington, DC 20526

Tel: 202-692-2615

Email: gwadsworth at peacecorps.gov <mailto:gwadsworth at peacecorps.gov>

My usual days in the office are Tuesday & Thursday.

-----
Aucun virus trouvé dans ce message.
Analyse effectuée par AVG - www.avg.fr
Version: 2013.0.2741 / Base de données virale: 2614/5840 - Date: 18/10/2012