[Sigiii-l] Fwd: [CIVIC] Fwd: Call for Papers, IFIP WG94, Jamaica 2013

M.J. Menou michel.menou at orange.fr
Tue May 22 08:50:02 EDT 2012

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[CIVIC] Fwd: Call for Papers, IFIP WG94, Jamaica 2013
Date: 	Tue, 22 May 2012 00:18:42 +0000 (UTC)
From: 	Dhanaraj Thakur <pureart100-mail at yahoo.com>
To: 	Caribbean ICT stakeholders Virtual Community (CIVIC)
<civic at dgroups.org>

   Call for Papers:

*WG 9.4: Social Implications of Computers in Developing Countries*

*12^th International Conference on Social Implications of Computers in
Developing Countries*

Conference Theme: /*Into the Future: Themes, insights and agendas for
ICT4D research and practice*/

   Ocho Rios, Jamaica, 19-22 May, 2013

*/Submission Deadline :November 26th, 2012/*

*//*

*/http://www.ifipwg94.org/ifip-conference-2013/*

The Working Group 9.4 of the International Federation for Information
Processing gathers scholars and practitioners that deal with the issue
on how ICT affects social development. In the last three decades this
issue has been attracting scholars from information systems and a
variety of other areas such as development studies, political science,
political economy, social anthropology, and sociology.

The theme of the 12th International Conference of the IFIP 9.4 Working
Group 2013 in Jamaica is “Into the Future.” The importance of this theme
is fundamental to our research domain, namely how might information and
communication technologies shape the future of development within
developing counties. At the conference we seek to not only present
scholarly conference papers in and around the different tracks but also
to provoke thought and discussion in and around how we might set the
agenda for the future for/ICT4D research and practice. Thus we seek to
problematize the past, present and the future of ICT4D. /

//

/To do this we welcome contributions from a wide range of perspectives.
We want to think through the future agenda in the area of ICT4D for
theory, methodology and practice. This requires us to not only make
clear our own positions but to encourage us to actively question them.
The conference thus will seek to promote critical debate across a range
of perspectives. /

In order to organize the discussion, we have */16 tracks/* that cover a
wide range of themes.

We look forward to welcoming you to IFIP 9.4 in Jamaica!

     Niall Hayes (Lancaster University, UK) and

     Renata Lèbre La Rovere (Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)

*Conference Chairs*

Visit web site <http://dgroups.org/groups/CIVIC> | Reply to sender
<mailto:pureart100-mail at yahoo.com> | Click here
The email is intended only for the recipients. The owners of the Dgroups
cannot be held responsible for the contents of the email message.

Aucun virus trouvé dans ce message.
Analyse effectuée par AVG - www.avg.fr <http://www.avg.fr>
Version: 2012.0.1913 / Base de données virale: 2425/5015 - Date: 22/05/2012

-----