No subject

Tue Dec 6 21:17:19 EST 2011

Digital Divides and the New Information Colonialism, Indigenous
Peoples at WSIS

Digital Divides and the New Information Colonialism, Indigenous
Peoples at WSIS
Interview with Mohawk journalist Kenneth Deer - August 12, 2003

“The information society is being colonized by developed countries and
we have a great fear that our intellectual knowledge is being
harvested through the information society. That’s a big fear for
indigenous peoples. As we learn how to use the information systems and
as we put our knowledge in there, our stories, our history, etc. The
big fear is that the developed countries, corporations,
pharmaceuticals, etc. are going to harvest our information for their
own gain, and we’ll again be left out without the benefits of having
shared this knowledge.”

See ful interwiew at: