[Sigiii-l] iConference Registration Call

Nadia Caidi nadia.caidi at utoronto.ca
Mon Nov 22 11:04:38 EST 2010

[Sorry for any duplication]

The iConference planning committee is pleased to announce the opening
of registration for iConference 2011, with early-bird registration
available through Dec 14, 2010. Register today at
http://www.ischools.org/iConference11/registration/.

 The sixth annual iConference will take place February 8-11, 2011, at
the Renaissance Hotel in Seattle, WA. The four days will include
peer-reviewed papers, posters, and alternative events, as well as a
Doctoral Student Colloquium and a Junior Faculty & Postdoc Colloquium.
The iConference is presented by the iSchools, an association of 28
academic institutions spanning eight countries worldwide dedicated to
advancing the information field in the 21st century.

Why attend the iConference? Here are three great reasons:

1. Quality and breadth of research—we received a record number of
submissions in response to our call for participation, making this
year’s reviews our most selective ever. With presentations spanning
design, e-learning, health, knowledge organization, open access,
social media, and more, you’re sure to experience much that pertains
to your area of expertise.

 2. Unparalleled networking opportunities—the iConference draws fellow
professionals who share your passion and research interests. It’s a
dynamic experience that fosters interaction, spontaneity, reflection,
and forward movement.

3. It’s fun!— This year's venue was selected for its first class
conference amenities, not to mention breathtaking views of downtown
Seattle and Puget Sound. The city’s many attractions are all in easy
walking distance. Our opening reception will be held amidst the
stunning architecture of Seattle's award-winning library.

 Want more? Visit our website for additional details, including a
complete conference agenda.
http://www.ischools.org/iConference11/2011index/

iConference 2011 is hosted by the University of Washington Information
School. Presenting Sponsors include the National Science Foundation,
Microsoft Research, Intelius, and Serials Solutions. Additional
support provided by Google, Washington Research Foundation,
WebJunction, the Seattle Public Library, and the University of
Washington Libraries.