[Sigiii-l] FW: [alaworld] Survey: Evaluation of Institutional Repository Development in Developing and Transition Countries

Vijayakumar, JK vijay at auamed.net
Wed May 27 14:50:06 EDT 2009

________________________________

From: brianrosenblum at gmail.com [mailto:brianrosenblum at gmail.com] On
Behalf Of Brian Rosenblum
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 8:12 AM
To: alaworld at ala.org
Subject: [alaworld] Survey: Evaluation of Institutional Repository
Development in Developing and Transition Countries

This study is part of a cooperative program between eIFL.net, the
University of Kansas Libraries, the DRIVER project and Key Perspectives
Ltd., and aims at creating an inventory of current digital repository
activities in developing and transition countries, at both the
infrastructure and services level.

This survey has been adapted from the DRIVER Inventory study into the
present type and level of OAI-compliant digital repository activities in
the EU by Maurits de Graaf and SURF, and from the European repository
study by Alma Swan, Key Perspectives Ltd.

The results of this survey will be made available online via a wiki. All
participants in this study will receive an invitation to look at and
comment on the results of this inventory for their own country. This is
the first time that such data will be collected about digital repository
activity in developing and transition countries, and we hope this will
serve as important resource for promoting open access and repository
development in these regions. We look forward to your cooperation.

We encourage all repository managers in developing and transition
countries to participate. Please forward this message to other
repository managers or colleagues who may be interested in
participating. The survey will take approximately 30-45 minutes to
complete.

The link to the survey is here:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=Wdi_2buyQ_2b1wSDIrTQahrbQg_3d_3d

(To help you prepare you can view a PDF preview of the survey questions
here:
http://www.eifl.net/cps/sections/services/eifl-oa/oa-news/2009_05_06_eva
luation-institutional/downloadFile/attachedFile_f0/Survey_9813219.pdf?no
cache=1241562797.79)

Thank you in advance!

Iryna Kuchma
eIFL Open Access program manager