[Sigiii-l] SIG-III bimonthly newsletter -- three weeks early!

Bowen, Aaron asbowen at csuchico.edu
Thu Jul 9 18:48:28 EDT 2009

Hello everyone,

Yes, I realize I'm very early with this edition of our e-mail newsletter, but enough has been going on over the past week that I want to share it with you all now.

The most important piece of news is that we have three winners for the International Paper Contest.  Please congratulate Muhammad Rafiq, Muhammad Arif, and Saima Kanwal on their winning papers!  I have announced them over the SIG-III blog:

"SIG-III is pleased to announce two winners for the 2009 International Paper Contest. The first place award goes to Muhammad Rafiq (pictured above), from Pakistan, who will be awarded a two-year membership to ASIS&T, as well as funding to travel to this year's annual Meeting. His paper is titled "[The] LIS community's perceptions towards open source software adoption in libraries."

The second place award goes to Muhammad Arif and Saima Kanwal, both from Pakistan as well. Their paper is titled "Acceptance of digital library among female students and effects of limited access of digital library on their performance in research work: a case of International Islamic University." As principal author, Dr. Arif will be awarded a two-year membership to ASIS&T.

Both papers will be considered for publication in the International Information and Library Review<http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.editors/622845/description>.

Please join me in congratulating our 2009 Contest winners! We hope you will come meet them at the International Reception at this year's ASIS&T Annual Meeting."

You can see the full blog post here:

http://www.neasist.org/icisc/blog/?p=109

This post provides the perfect transition to my next topic:  the SIG-III Blog's new look.  You will see that I've updated the layout and graphical content of the blog.  I'm very excited about its new appearance, and I hope you all will stop by, leave a comment on one of the posts, and/or subscribe to the blog's RSS feed.  You can see the front page of the blog here:

http://www.neasist.org/icisc/blog/

Last but not least, InfoShare Officer Sarah Emmerson and I have developed a Facebook page for the SIG, which will serve as a useful compliment to the blog.  If you are on Facebook, we would love to have you join our group!  You may find it here:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=101547247614&ref=mf

As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Thanks everyone, and enjoy the weekend!

Aaron Bowen
Chair, SIG-III
Reference/Subject Librarian
California State University, Chico