[Sigiii-l] [Fwd: Mobiles and Development: Workshop Report and Network]

M.J. Menou michel.menou at wanadoo.fr
Mon May 28 09:07:00 EDT 2007

-------- Message original --------
Sujet: Mobiles and Development: Workshop Report and Network
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 12:04:45 +0100
De: Richard Heeks <richard.heeks at manchester.ac.uk>
Pour: richard.heeks at manchester.ac.uk <richard.heeks at manchester.ac.uk>

On Wednesday May 16th, Development Informatics Group at the University
of Manchester held a one-day international workshop on "Mobiles and
Development" looking at the role of mobile devices such as cell phones
and PDAs in socio-economic development.

A two-page summary report from the workshop on key issues and research
priorities, plus copies of the presentations are now available at:
http://www.sed.manchester.ac.uk/research/events/conferences/mobile.htm

An agreed output from the workshop was the creation of an m-Development
Network, drawing together researchers and practitioners interested in
this growing area.

If you would like to be registered with the m-Development Network,
please email me with your contact details.

Richard Heeks

Dr Richard Heeks
Senior Lecturer
Development Informatics Group
IDPM, SED, University of Manchester
Harold Hankins Building
Precinct Centre
Manchester  M13 9QH  U.K.

Phone: +44-161-275-2870
Fax: +44-161-273-8829
Email: richard.heeks at manchester.ac.uk
Web: http://www.manchester.ac.uk/idpm/dig

Our new one-year Masters in ICTs for Development:
http://www.sed.manchester.ac.uk/idpm/postgraduate/masters/mscict.htm

Dr. Michel J. Menou
Visiting Professor, SLAIS, University College London, U.K.
Consultant in ICT policies and Knowledge & Information Management
Chair ASIS&T International Relations Committee http://www.asis.org/irc.html
Adviser of Somos at Telecentros board http://www.tele-centros.org
Member of the founding steering committee of
Telecenters of the Americas Partnership http://www.tele-centers.net/
B.P. 15
F-49350 Les Rosiers sur Loire, France
Email: micheljmenou [at] gmail[dot]com